Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sweet Potatoes in a Rosemary Beurre Blanc


I love sweet potatoes. I love them in pies. I love them baked. I love them in casseroles. They are wonderful and delicious in any and every way! Rosemary and sweet potatoes work really well together, and I thought I would make a savory but simple side dish for dinner tonight. It's very simple and will persuade any non-believer.

Ingredients:
2 med-lg sweet potatoes, diced
2 tbs of butter
1 Tbs of any buttery white wine like chardonnay
1 ts fresh rosemary, chopped

what to do:
1. Steam sweet potatoes until tender, about 7-9 mins
3. Heat the butter and add the white wine

5. Let the butter sauce reduce down and thicken (about 5-7 mins), then add the rosemary
6. Toss sweet potatoes in and cover in sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment