Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday Leftovers: Curry Turkey Salad Sandwich

If your family is like mine - you'll have several weeks worth of leftovers. Back in college located just a few hours from home my parents would generously pack my jeep full of leftovers and send me on my way. I can't count how many meals my roommates and I got out of those coolers and cardboard boxes of food. I decided to get a little more creative with leftovers this year. My first concoction: a twist on the classic chicken-salad.

I actually prefer turkey to chicken. It's leaner and, like chicken, it can be very versatile. I added in grapes for color, crunch, and an added freshnes.

The curry spice is optional, but I love how it changes the sandwich subtly. Since I don't use a lot of the spice it's not overpowering, but gives new life and flavor to the same-old-leftover-holiday turkey.

Ingredients:
sliced bread of your choice
1/4 tsp curry powder
1 Tbs mayo
1 cup shredded white-meat turkey
1/4 cup halved red grapes
salt and pepper to taste

what to do:
1. in a bowl, mix the turkey, mayo, curry powder, grapes, and salt and pepper
2. arrange lettuce, or any other sandwich accompaniments of your choosing on the sliced bread
3. spoon turkey mixture onto bread

Based on recipe: my own
- Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment